Love Never Fails
"Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, [love] is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails” (1 Cor 13:4-8).
The Marriage Preparation Program, “Love Never Fails”, is an effort of the people of God here in Belize to help couples establish strong and lasting families on the rock of Christ. Couples wishing to celebrate the Sacrament of Marriage at San Pedro Roman Catholic Church, must begin formation at least six months before they plan to marry.
Marriage preparation begins with an initial interview with a Priest or Deacon, and then requires:
- Birth certificate and baptismal certificate.
- Marriage Facilitator couples will be assigned for six sessions of marriage preparation.
- (NFP) Natural Family Planning training is essential for every marriage couple.
- Preparations for any sacraments still needed would be done separately.
- Final preparation would include walking through the marriage liturgy and sacramental confession.
Traveling to San Pedro to be Married
There are some people who travel to be married in beautiful San Pedro. We of course would love to host their wedding at the San Pedro Roman Catholic Church (SPRCC).
In this specific case, we would need for the couple to complete their wedding preparations in their home parish, and meet all of their local requirements as well. Once completed their home parish would forward a copy of their file to us, and we could confirm the date. Specific documents that are needed include:
- Birth certificate and Baptismal certificate
- A letter or certificate from their home parish stating that the couple has completed all the required preparations and documentations.
- A letter from their home pastor giving the priest in San Pedro the authority or delegation to marry them.
- A dispensation if one of them is not a Catholic.
- A basic Natural Family Planning (NFP) course is also required.
- For more information please contact our parish.
We are looking forward to making your upcoming wedding a truly special and beautiful event.