Friends 101 - 501 Workshops
We weren't meant to go through life alone. A virtuous friend is one of life’s essential and true joys. A friend is a person whom you love for their own sake and with whom you are able to share your thoughts, feelings and experiences.
The Friends 101-501 workshops are a discipleship pathway that lead you towards a graced friendship with God and with others.
Friends 101 – Belong: “Discover our Church Family"
Everyone wants to find a place where they belong. Whether you’re new to San Pedro Catholic Church or have been a part of the Church for a long while, we want you to feel at home here.
Friends 101 is designed to help you learn more about our Church Family. If you decide to become a part of us, then you will learn what next steps to take to grow into a balanced and mature disciple of Christ.
Here is some of what you can look forward to in Friends 101:
- Get a glimpse into the history and vision of San Pedro Catholic Church
- Assess your spiritual health and develop a spiritual health plan for you.
- Make new friends and connect with others.
Friends 201 – WORSHIP: “Love the Lord your God"
God is worthy of worship, and at San Pedro Catholic Church we strive to sincerely please the Lord by worshipping in spirit and in truth (cf. Jn 4:23). Worship is simply our way of life.
Friends 201 is designed to help you learn how to better worship God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. It will help you deepen your spirituality, devotion and love for God and the Saints, especially Our Blessed Mother.
Here is some of what you can look forward to in Friends 201:
- Assess and develop a plan for your daily prayer life.
- Learn how to encounter Jesus Christ more intimately in the Mass and in the Word of God.
- Experience a moment of true worship before Jesus in the Eucharist.
- Be encouraged to make a covenant commitment to worship God every Sunday and pray every day.
Friends 301 – GROW: “Be Transformed as a Disciple of Jesus”
A disciple of Christ is always learning and growing. We can help you to discern God’s call for your life and take the steps to growing in the habits and virtues of a mature Disciple of Christ. How would you like to grow?
Friends 301 is designed to help you deepen your discipleship walk by helping you lead a balanced and healthy life spiritually, relationally, financially and physically.
Here is some of what you can look forward to in Friends 301:
- Assess and develop a discipleship plan to become more like Christ.
- Grow in the key habits and virtues of a mature Disciple of Christ.
- Deepen your relationship with our Blessed Mother and Saints.
- Have the opportunity to form or be part of a small group that will help you strive for personal holiness.
Friends 401 – SERVE: “Discover the Joy of Your Ministry”
Christian service continues the mission and ministry of Jesus, who “did not come to be served but to serve” (Mt 20:28). It is the Holy Spirit who will equip you and empower you for ministry. A ministry is when you use your God-given gifts to serve God and serve others.
Friends 401 is designed to equip you to build up the Body of Christ through a ministry. It will help you find the right ministry for you, where you can accomplish it with joy, passion and excellence so that you can really make a difference in the lives of those around you.
Here is some of what you can look forward to in Friends 401:
- Assess your gifts and readiness for Christian service.
- Learn about the various opportunities to serve at the Church, and in our broader community of San Pedro.
- Sign-up for a personal interview to help you develop a plan for serving in an area of your giftedness.
- Start making a difference.
Friends 501 – SHARE: “Discover Your Mission”
Sharing the Gospel is one of the greatest duties that we have because Christ commanded us “go into the whole world and proclaim the gospel to every creature” (Mk 16:15). This workshop will provide instructions on how to actually reach out and impact your family, your friends, and your surrounding community with the Gospel.
Friends 501 is designed to equip you to share the Gospel, yet also to bring Christ’s compassion and love to areas of deep need locally and globally.
Here is some of what you can look forward to in Friends 501:
- Assess your spiritual health in the area of sharing the Gospel (i.e., evangelization).
- Be equipped to share the Gospel.
- Discern the needs of the poor locally and globally.
- Experience being “sent” on a mission for Christ.